Being a member of the Gen Y group I have been exposed to a lot of technology breakthroughs. Who remembers 3-way calling, Payphones, and beepers? How about 8 tracks, Cassette, tapes, and CDs? Or tube TV’s, Atari, and dial-up internet? I would even go as far as to ask if anyone has ever seen a paper road map?
Ahhh those were the days, back when I would walk to school in 3 feet of snow uphill both ways. Back then we didn’t have all this technology we have today. Smartphones have put it all in the palm of your hands. I remember I didn’t get my first smartphone until I was in my mid to late ’20s. Today the average age for getting their first smartphone is only 10 years old.
Everyone uses their smartphones for everything. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, but do you realize the power of what social media can do for your business? Today I would like to talk about Instagram and Facebook. These are the two I use for my business and are the ones I am the most knowledgeable on.
Here are some interesting facts about Facebook and Instagram that illustrate how powerful a platform they are.
- Facebook was founded on February 4th, 2004
- Total number of mobile active users 2.2 billion
- Total number of Mobile Daily Active Users 1.59 billion
- 96% of Facebook users access via mobile devices
- Facebook users are 43% Female and 57% Male. Of all the people on the internet, 83% of women & 75% of men use Facebook.
- Average Facebook user has 155 Friends
- Age groups online
- 62% 65+
- 72% 50-64
- 88% 18-29
- 84% 30-49
- 72% of online users of income of more than $75K are on facebook
- Instagram was founded in October 2010
- Total number of monthly active Instagram users 1 billion
- Total number of Daily active Instagram Users 500 million
- Shared number of photos 50 billion as of 7/18/19
- Number of businesses on Instagram 25 million
- Number of photos & videos uploaded per day 100 million+
- Instagram Demographics
- 110 million are Instagram users in the US
- 43% are female
- 31% are male
- 37% of US adults
- 32% of all internet users are on Instagram
- Average Age of users:
- 31% 18-24
- 32% 25-34
- 72% are teens
- Instagram for Business
- Estimated 71% of US businesses are on Instagram as of 2018
- Instagram now has more than 2 million monthly advertisers and 25 million profiles
As you can see these two social media outlets can provide a ton of exposure to potential buyers or consumers when used correctly. In 2019 the average cost per click on a Facebook ad is $1.86 and $11.20 per thousand. The average cost per click for an Instagram ad cost between $.70-$1.00. Now the question you have to ask yourself is how many of those clicks are generating revenue for your business?
In our business, we use these two all the time. We believe in the power of sharing and posts to grow our brand. We do Go Live videos whenever we are at events. We also post pictures as often as we can, at least 3-4 times a week and multiple posts on the weekends. I have found that the time of day we post is important, but I truly believe content is what my followers are really looking for. I see more engagement when my posts are fun and witty then when I put dry information out there.
Social Media is one reason I love the business we are in. We promote sharing entertainment experiences for our clients on social media. We give the option to share every photo at the event to the user’s phone. From there they can upload to social media spreading our client’s brand. Our clients love seeing their brand spread organically through social media by those who are enjoying their entertainment, and I love seeing the smiles on my clients’ faces.
I hope this information was helpful and I was able to give some insight into just how powerful social media can help grow your business.
For more information Contact Da Vinci Mirror at (989) 513-0087